top of page

Adult Social Care Glossary, v 0.41

Cross-border placement

About            #   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z            Browse by theme

Plain English definition
Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) Jargon Buster

When your local council finds a place for you in a care home in another council area. This may be because you have requested it, in order to be nearer your family or friends, or because there is no suitable place available in a care home in your home area. You should be involved in any decision to move to a new area, and it cannot happen without your agreement. If you move, your council should let the other council know that you are there, and they should agree which council is responsible for your care.

bottom of page