top of page

Adult Social Care Glossary, v 0.41

Disposable income allowance

About            #   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z            Browse by theme

Plain English definition
Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) Jargon Buster

The amount of your income that you can keep each week, if you have a deferred payment agreement with your local council. In this situation, the council pays for your care, while you keep your house, with the plan that you will pay the council back eventually when the house is sold. In the meantime, you must use most of your income from your pension or benefits to contribute to the cost of your care, but you can keep a certain amount (currently £144 per week) to pay for the costs of looking after the house you own.

bottom of page