top of page

Adult Social Care Glossary, v 0.41

Named worker

About            #   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z            Browse by theme

NICE Guideline NG43 - Transition from children's to adults' services for young people using health or social care services

The named worker is a role rather than a job title. This should be 1 of the people from among the group of workers providing care and support to the young person, who has been designated to take a coordinating role. It could be, for example, a nurse, youth worker, an allied health professional or another health and social care practitioner. It could also be someone who already has the title keyworker, transition worker or personal adviser.

bottom of page