top of page

Adult Social Care Glossary, v 0.41

NHS nursing care contribution

About            #   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z            Browse by theme

Plain English definition
Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) Jargon Buster

If you are in a care home and need nursing care, this may be funded by the NHS. It is paid regardless of whether you are paying for your own care or whether your local council is paying for your care. It is different from continuing health care funding, and may be paid if you don't need full continuing health care but still need some nursing care. It is paid directly to the care home by the NHS. If you are paying your own care home fees, the amount that the NHS pays for your nursing care should be deducted from your bill. You should be assessed for NHS continuing health care before a decision is made about whether you are eligible for NHS-funded nursing care, and you won't need to make a seperate claim.

bottom of page