top of page

Out of area placement

Plain English definition
Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) Jargon Buster
Think Local Act Personal

If you need residential care and your council is arranging this, you may be offered a place outside your home area. This may be because there is nowhere suitable for you to move into in your home area, or because you want to move to a different area. Your home council remains responsible for checking that the care you are receiving is right for you and continues to meet your needs.

Use instead of
Consider using instead
See also
Parent of
Child of
bottom of page