top of page

Adult Social Care Glossary, v 0.41

Third party top-up

About            #   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z            Browse by theme

Plain English definition
Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) Jargon Buster

If you are moving into a care home funded by the council, and you want to move into a home that costs more than the council believes is necessary to meet your needs, you will be able to move there if someone (a 'third party') agrees to pay the difference. The third party may be a relative, friend or charity, and they will need to have a contract with the council confirming the arrangement.

bottom of page